Let me tell you a story about a friend of mine.
She had long been a proponent of traditional (allopathic) medicine. That is until she was confronted by a very serious illness that was not responding to treatment.
As the doctors tried different treatments she got sicker and sicker. It soon became clear that the allopathic treatments were causing additional symptoms.
Her body was becoming overloaded with toxins and chemicals.
When she found her way to a homeopathic practitioner that started to turn around.
The toxins disappeared from her body and she regained her core functions. She no longer felt bloated and sick, and the only symptoms remaining were the ones related to her original illness.
Soon, as the homeopathic medicines did their work, even those symptoms went away, and she was back on her feet.
In addition to feeling healed, she had a new sense of well being, because she had eliminated the toxins from her body, and she felt better than she ever had before.
I tell this story not to condemn allopathic medicine. I have relatives that swear by traditional medicine, and they’re still alive (as of this morning)!
I tell it primarily to illustrate some of the critical differences between homeopathic medicine and traditional treatments.
Summary of Benefits
Some of the benefits of homeopathy are:
- It’s safe for infants and children
- It won’t interfere with your child’s natural growth and immunities.
- It’s safe for pregnant women
- It’s safe for nursing women.
- It’s good for chronic symptoms that allopathic medicine does not help.
- Each treatment plan is made for you, custom built for your body and symptoms.
- It helps your natural immune system and aging process.
- There are peer-reviewed studies that show its effectiveness.
- The correct remedy resonates with your specific symptoms and conditions so your body can adapt naturally and remove the limiting symptoms.
- Homeopaths take into account your emotions, spirit, and natural birthright when treating you.
- It’s inexpensive and 40 million people around the world use it.
How does it work?
We want to learn about you, including your relationships, stress levels, family history, and more. We want to prescribe a treatment plan tailored to your life history. We want to support your life in full.
We’ll might even use lab tests. But only when appropriate to gain some insight into your body’s needs. These are used in collaboration with your self reported symptoms and concerns. We want to learn about you as a holistic individual.
Homeopaths view the body as a holistic being that has physical, spiritual, and mental aspects. We see each patient as a unique individual with their own special healing path.
Even if two people have the same health issue, their treatment plan may be different because it takes into account their unique history, personality, physical needs, and responsiveness to treatment.
What do we do?
1. Listen to your issues, concerns, and feelings (both physical and emotional) while taking thorough notes and asking questions to elicit more information.
2. Identify symptoms of any illness that may be present.
3. Grade the symptoms on their frequency and intensity.
4. Identify which homeopathic remedies are best matched with your symptoms, emotions, lifestyle, and personality. Homeopaths understand that stress can affect your digestion and cause headaches, for example, so we’ll treat your symptoms and the root conditions.
5. Create a custom treatment plan for you, taking into account that what is right for others may be too strong for you (and vice versa). Homeopaths are seeking to find the best potency for you. Just because it is strong, doesn’t mean it is the right potency for you.
6. Suggest a homeopathic medication, at just the right strength with clear directions.
What can we treat?
As noted, Homeopaths treat your whole body, not just the symptoms. There are many illnesses that benefit from homeopathy, especially those that are considered chronic or untreatable by traditional medicine.
irritable bowel syndrome
high blood pressure
What is common among these is that they are all chronic conditions that allopathic medicine has very limited answers for.
They are also complex multi-system conditions that have emotional and physical aspects.
Homeopathy is also good for less complex conditions such as
bumps and contusions
Our treatments are effective in the vast majority of all medical issues, so if you don’t see your symptoms listed here, give me a call at 510.206.0582
We can set up a time, free of charge, to talk about your condition.
Homeopathy improves a patients’ overall wellbeing. The value of a healthy working body and mind, cannot be captured in a clinical trial, because it is a whole system that we are addressing. Not just one symptom. Clinical trials can’t tell the whole story, however, there are some that show its effectiveness..
In 2005, the European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology released analysis that showed that homeopathy had clinical effectiveness as compared to placebos. Other scientific journals have cited over 140 trials showing that homeopathy is effective.
Also in 2005, Bristol Homeopathic Hospital conducted a study with 6,500 follow up patients. 70% of them experienced improved health after receiving homeopathy.
In addition to being effective for the 40 million people who use it daily, homeopathy has been shown to be effective in clinical trials as well.
The Top Line(s)
1. Homeopaths take all aspects of each patient into account.
Homeopaths understand that each patient’s body is reacting to the environment in a unique way. When the environment causes a patient’s body to become ill, it is the homeopath’s job to bring the body back into balance. This includes the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual environments. We consider things like beliefs about illness, chronic stress and prescribe treatments that address all factors.
2. Homeopathy uses all natural herbs and minerals.
We don’t use chemicals or drugs. All our remedies are found in nature and normally used in very small doses that are subtle and powerful at the same time. Negative toxicity (side effects) and addiction is not a factor for homeopathic remedies like man made drugs.
3. Helps reduce pain
Clinical studies have shown that homeopathy is especially good at controlling and reducing pain. Our treatments help the body react to illness in the best way possible, and fix the issue before it becomes chronic pain or threatening illness.
Studies have found that people suffering from chronic pain can benefit from homeopathic treatments, without the need for risky procedures or medications.
Because homeopathy often reduces the need for toxic medicines or invasive procedures, we can avoid many of the very painful side effects that allopathic medicine can cause.
Homeopathy is a low risk, all natural way to treat diseases and illness. It’s the largest medical system in the world with over 40 million people using it on a daily basis.
It sparks the body’s natural healing abilities to take care of itself. It has a long history of clinical study and effectiveness, going back to the 18th century (see our article about that here)
Best of all, my friend, who previously relied only on traditional medicine has become a lifelong proponent of homeopathic medicine, because of how it helped her overcome and reclaim her health.