Making Informed Decisions
Deciding whether and when to give your child vaccinations is a very important and personal choice. It is also not a simple one. Currently there are a total of 57 shots that the CDC recommends children receive by the time they are 12 years old, starting at birth, so if you are inclined to research this issue, it is best done before your child is born. Below are my recommendations, again, this is an issue that we all must decide on for ourselves and our children. I am not a medical doctor or a legal advisor, and make no claims in this regard. Therefore, none of the information on this website should be construed as medical or legal advice. If you have questions regarding any of the information below, research immunizations to a greater degree so that you can make wise and informed decisions.
Ten Tips for Keeping Your Child Healthy
- Seek out homeopathic, osteopathic, naturopathic, or Chinese medical constitutional treatment to boost your child’s immune system and help them be as healthy as they can be.
- Feed them well with nourishing and whole foods, especially foods containing high levels of natural Vitamin A, D, and C (raw milk, butter, cheese, liver, cod liver oil, fresh fruits and vegetables).
- Let them run around out in nature as much as possible — get them outside without sunscreen for at least 15 minutes a day (longer for children with more melanin in the skin) so they absorb some Vitamin D.
- Make sure they get plenty of sleep — most kids need between 10 and 12 hours a night.
- If your children do get sick, use homeopathy to help their immune system get over it. Homeopathy is very effective in epidemics of acute illness. Either see a homeopath, buy a book on homeopathic acute care, or take a class on acute homeopathic prescribing.
- If you decide to vaccinate, try to wait until the child has developed more of an immune system to handle the vaccination (2 years old). Research every vaccine by looking at the effectiveness, the side effects, and the prevalence of the disease. Then think about which ones to give, and when. On your schedule, not your pediatrician’s schedule.
- Give a dose or two of Rescue Remedy or Five Flower Formula after the shot, and take it yourself before and after if you need extra support to deal with the emotional intensity and possible pain of the situation.
- Give a dose of Arnica 30c every 3 hours for 3 doses if there is swelling and pain at the injection site. DO NOT give them Tylenol, this has been shown to increase the possibility of vaccine related issues.
- If your child has a vaccine reaction, make sure it is noted by your pediatrician, then see a homeopath. There are many homeopathic medicines that can help with the symptoms, both major and minor. Osteopathy can also help with the heightened neurological sensitivity that may happen after vaccinating. Also, feeding them a nutritious diet — adding good fats, Vitamin E, choline, and high doses of Vitamin C can counter the neurological and behavioral problems and the flu-like symptoms that may occasionally occur. Also, contact their pediatrician if you know or suspect your child’s health has suffered, and take notes on the symptoms.
- As you would keep your children away from toxic chemicals in the environment as much as possible, inform yourself about the toxicity of the solutions that are being injected into their bloodstream. It’s up to you to find the information: no one loves your children the way you do.
Books about vaccinations
- Vaccine Guide: Risks and Benefits for Children and Adults by Randall Neustadter, OMD
- Vaccine Free Prevention & Treatment of Infectious Contagious Disease with Homeopathy by Kate Birch, RS Hom(NA), CCH
- Flu: Alternative Treatments and Prevention by Randall Neustadter, OMD
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? by Neil Z. Miller
Videos about vaccinations
- Vaccination — The Hidden Truth An Australian documentary, distributed in 1998.
- Trace Amounts The story of one man's painful journey through mercury poisoning that he believes resulted from a thimerosal-loaded tetanus shot.
- The Greater Good This documentary tells the rarely heard stories of three families adversely impacted by vaccination.
- VAXXED: From Cover-up to Catastrophe Interviews with pharmaceutical insiders, doctors, politicians, and parents of vaccine-injured children reveal an alarming deception that has contributed to the skyrocketing increase of autism and potentially the most catastrophic epidemic of our lifetime.
Websites about vaccinations
- Vaccinations: Parents’ Informed Choice (Weston A. Price Foundation)
- Autism and Vaccinations (Weston A. Price Foundation)
- National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC)
- Hepatitis B Disease and Vaccine Facts (National Vaccine Information Center)
- National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP)
- ThinkTwice Global Vaccine Institute
- Fourteen Studies This website was compiled by the founders of Generation Rescue, Jenny McCarthy’s autism organization. It shows that the fourteen studies most often cited in defense of vaccinations don't prove what they are said to.